Best way to celebrate spring? Get your salsa on! New course starting on 14 September – Get 10% off if you book by the end of the week!
Dates: 14th September to 2nd November
Times: Every Wednesday @ 18h30 to 19h30.
Address: The Art of Movement Studio: 101 Barry Hertzog Avenue, Emmarentia (Randburg) Look for the bright green wall on the corner of Barry Hertzog & Judith Avenue. Secure parking inside.
R720 per person or R1200 per couple
Course Content: [8 Weeks]
Sign up today for this beginners salsa course taught by your instructor Leigh Rodgers. Leigh is the founder and owner of Salsa Addicts, specializing in L.A. cross-body salsa, with dance teams performing within Jozi & CT. With one of the best reputations as a salsa teacher in Johannesburg, you are guaranteed to learn the highest quality of salsa in the privacy of our studio, before we unleash you into the salsa community.
In this course, you will learn:
1. Salsa Steps & Footwork – no longer will you have to worry about having two left feet. We start you off with literally step-by-step. Once you have mastered the footwork you’ll find yourself flaunting your newly acquired skills at your next social gathering!
2. Body Alignment & Styling – This course is not just about putting one foot in front of the other. You will also learn how to dance with your entire body allowing you to feel alive in a community where you can be yourself and feel at home.
3. Partner work & Responding to Spontaneous Cues – Now that you have nailed the footwork and your body is starting to find its own sensual style, it’s time to learn the language of salsa dancing so that you can respond & connect effectively with a partner, ensuring that both you and everyone you dance with have a great time.
4. Musical Co-ordination & Rhythm – Understanding the salsa beat is pretty much everything. After all we are dancing to music 🙂 We will teach you how to pick up all the different musical rhythms so that you can easily put your best foot forward when it counts.
5. How to Have Fun – Interact in a fun, relaxed atmosphere where you are guaranteed to grow your social circle. No longer is dancing a daunting thing that leaves you glued to your chair. At the end of this 8 week course, you will have the tools and confidence to finally be part of the excitement.
So if you’ve been wanting to try out something new lately, this is for you too! Come out and connect. Come out and join the party. Come out and salsa! Everyone’s welcome, so join us for a night out with your new friends.
Book now, Limited space available!
The Art of Movement Team!
0114860638 | 0766863280