Get your Salsa On
You’re invited to be swept away as you experience the sensual & joyous art of salsa dancing. Not only does The Art of Movement introduce you to salsa dancing with this 6 week beginners course, we also introduce you to an entire community of people with one thing in common – the need to feel alive in a safe and fun environment! No partner or experience needed. Don’t hesitate, just sign-up by filling out the form on your right. Now is your chance to be part of the movement and introduce salsa dancing as part of your lifestyle & culture.
Dates: 31 January – 07 March (Every Wednesday)
Times: 18:30 – 19:30 (Please arrive 10 minutes before class starts)
Venue: The Art of Movement – 101 Barry Hertzog Ave, Emmarentia
Investment: R580 for the full course
By stepping into the salsa world we guarantee that you will…
- Express yourself & shake away your stress and tension!
- Meet new friends, connect & start a party!
- Dance those excess calories away!
- Feel the music, find your passion, and let loose/de-stress!
- No more bored nights in front of the tv, now you can experience 100% Instagram-worthy nights.
- The course is suitable for those with two left feet and no rhythm.
- No partner needed but if you have one bring them along
- Casual clothes will do. Takkies are not recommended
1.Salsa Steps & Footwork – We start you off with literally step-by-step.
2. Body Alignment & Styling – Learn how to dance with your entire body, not just your feet.
3. Partnerwork & Responding to Spontaneous Cues – Learn the language of salsa dancing so that you can respond & connect effectively with a partner, ensuring that you and everyone you dance with have a great time.
4. Musical Co-ordination & Rhythm – Understanding the salsa beat is pretty much everything. After all we are dancing to music.
5. How to Have Fun – . At the end of this 6 week course, you will have the tools and confidence to finally be part of the excitement.