Beginners Tap for Adults
Ready to make some noise? In this 12 week beginners course, you will be introduced to the foundations of tap and how it builds on from there so that you can finally learn this amazing dance form in a beginners class designed for those who have never set foot in a tap dancing studio before. No need to feel worried or nervous about not being skilled enough. We promise to start from the very beginning 🙂 No experience or fitness levels needed.
Dates: 27 August – 12 November
Times: 16:15 – 17:15 (Please arrive 10 minutes before class starts)
Venue: The Art of Movement – 101 Barry Hertzog Ave, Emmarentia
Investment: R900 for the full course
About this course
- Basic tap Steps & Footwork – We start you off with literally step-by-step.
- Body Alignment & Styling – Learn that laid back easy look that comes with tap
- Tricks & Techniques – Getting those party tricks & wow movements nailed
- Musical Co-ordination – Know your tap music & rhythms, and learn how to dance to it.
- Choreography – At the end of this 8 week course, you would have completed a fun tap routine.
Who Can do this course?
- The course is suitable for those with two left feet and no rhythm.
- Adults of any age. No age limit 🙂
- Any BODY – All body types & weights are invited
- Disabilities? We have experience. Don’t let it stop you (just give us a heads up)
What to wear?
- General gym wear is fine so as long as I can see your ankles. Relatively tight fitting
- Oh and of course… TAP SHOES 🙂
Reserve your spot
Make it happen
Let's get you into the studio 🙂