Is this course suitable for me?
- The course is suitable for those with two left feet and no rhythm.
- No maximum age limit.
- Minimum age: 18 years old.
- Any fitness levels are fine.
- No previous dance experience necessary.
- No dress code necessary. Just be comfortable 🙂
By stepping into the salsa world we guarantee that...
- Express yourself & shake away your stress and tension!
- Meet new friends, connect & start a party!
- Dance those excess calories away!
- Feel the music, find your passion, and let loose/de-stress!
- No more bored nights in front of the TV, now you can experience 100% Instagram-worthy nights.
You’re invited to be swept away as you experience the sensual & joyous art of salsa dancing. Not only does The Art of Movement introduce you & your partner to salsa dancing with this beginner’s course, but we also introduce you to an entire community of people with one thing in common – the need to dance, to laugh, and to feel alive in a safe and fun environment!
Dates: 24 Feb – 31 Mar (Every Friday)
Times: 17:30 – 18:30 (Please arrive 10 minutes before class starts)
Venue: The Art of Movement – 101 Barry Hertzog Ave, Emmarentia
Investment: R600 per person = R1 200 (per couple) for the course
WHO ARE WE?
About Kelly Lynch
Hey lovelies, my name is Kelly. I am the owner of The Art of Movement, and I specialise in ballet, modern, tap, contemporary, hip hop & salsa dancing. I've been dancing for 26 years now, and teaching for approximately 10 years. I absolutely love dancing, and love to teach. Working with beginners has always been one of my favourite things to do, as I just love watching my dancers develop week-by-week. My aim for you in class is to explore your capacity, to be challenged and encouraged, but mostly to find passion and joy in your dance journey.
About The Art of Movement
The Art of Movement is a dance and yoga studio in Emmarentia, Johannesburg established in 2012. We boast a busy timetable of dancing and yoga for both children and adults. Our yoga practitioners enjoy a wide variety of daily classes including Hatha, Vinyasa, Ashtanga & Restorative Yoga.Our dance specialities include ballet, modern, contemporary, hip hop, tap and salsa for children and adults. We follow the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing syllabus and partake in competition, exam and show work.